Anchor Inspection and Repair
Maintaining the best condition of equipment.
Viking SeaTech upholds a robust maintenance regime for all hire fleet equipment. With an excellent in-house infrastructure combined with highly skilled personnel, we carry out full inspection, testing, repairing, and re-certification of all types of mooring equipment. Our systems and practices ensure the highest quality of equipment through highly efficient methodologies. This ensures the best, most cost-efficient service for our clients.
Anchors are subject to a robust 10-point inspection covering the following key areas:
- Check identification marking to correspond with certificate identification
- Check fluke for significant deformation or damage
- Check shank and support steelwork for significant deformation or damage
- Check shank plate/ fluke connecting pins for wear or damage
- Check angle setting holes and pins for wear
- Check drain and vent holes are clear of mud / debris
- Check anchor shackle for wear or damage especially in the load bearing area
- Check lifting pad eyes on fluke for wear or damage
- Remove all old welds from fluke, where pin retaining flaps have been welded
- Note and report any other significant defects identified at time of inspection.
To ensure minimal room for error at every stage, a bank of photographic evidence is collated in a formal inspection report with recommendations for any repair, testing and recertification (DNV).